In this post I’m going to give you a quick and easy step by step for getting the perfect baked potato. Unfortunately, I don’t have any photo aids to show you but ain’t nobody got time for that.
I like to use nice big russet potatoes for this but you could also use yams, sweet potatoes or whatever.
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Poke a bunch of holes into your potatoes with a fork to avoid potato bombs.
- Place your potatoes on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take your potatoes out of the oven and use a basting brush to brush your potatoes with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and put back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Take your potatoes back out of the oven, turn over and repeat step 4.
At this point, the potato skin should be crispy.
6. Now, slice the potatoes down the middle (not all the way).
7. While wearing oven mitts, push the ends of the potato inward.
8. Use a fork to fluff inside of the potato, and add toppings of your choice!