So to give my readers a little more insight into who I am as a person and not just as a blogger, I wanted to share the answers to questions that I get asked all the time!
I am from that Ottawa Valley.
I moved to Peace River right out of college for a job at the radio station, and then stayed for my boyfriend.
I do eventually want to move away from Peace River.
I am the commercial/imaging producer at the radio station and I’m also on air 7-midnight Monday to Friday. My show is voice tracked (radio lingo for pre-recorded).
My dog is 3/4 Deer head Chihuahua 1/4 Terrier. I don’t know what breed of terrier.
Our other dog is a miniature Australian Shepherd. He has no tail because they dock them when they’re puppies because they’re a herding bread and their tails will get stepped on when they’re herding.
We also have a cat named Daisy.
But the pitbull is my boyfriend’s brother’s dog. He lives with us.
My boyfriend and I have been together since July 2013.
My hair is naturally like a dirty blonde/mousey light brown colour.
My eye brows are shaped as you would see in photos but I do fill them in to darken them since they are so much lighter than what I dye my hair.
I have been colouring my hair dark since the 9th grade.
I have been a vegetarian since I was 12.
I went vegetarian for health and ethical reasons. Not eating meat decreases my chances of heart disease, which is very present in my family history. I also get super attached to animals as someone who was raised in a pretty rural community.
I have 8 Tattoos.
- My brother’s name with a skull in a top hat; he had the skull picture as an idea for a tattoo but died before he ever got it.
- “I just want them to know that they didn’t break me” a quote from Pretty in Pink. It’s about people who try to tear you down but you don’t let them
- A puzzle piece with birds behind me ear. I got this tattoo as a ‘the piece that’s missing and the part that got away’ sort of thing because I’m so fucking deep. The birds were poorly done, so I got the puzzle piece filled in. You can still see 2/3 of the terrible birds.
- A snowflake. Because my step dad has called me snowflake since I was 13.
- A dream catcher, because they capture all the nightmares and still look beautiful.
- A rose bushel with antlers with Bromley under it. My mom’s maiden name. For my grandpa, a farmer and a hunter.
- A sorting hat, because I love Harry Potter.
- The Quote “Hello, I love you.” a song by the Doors, and something my boyfriend and I have said to each other since we’ve been together.
I have plans for other tattoos – many others.
I am a rock n roll girl through and through but I listen to all music because I believe that’s just the way you should be when you work in radio.
My step dad raised me on whiskey and Led Zeppelin.
I like true crime and horror books. But I’ve mostly read music biographies.
My first concert was Green Day, just before I started the 8th grade. It was the American Idiot Tour, Jimmy Eat World opened for them.
I am not religious.
I believe in the paranormal.